On September 26th, one of Philadelphia’s most talked about arts and culinary focused events returns! Audi Feastival is a Philadelphia-based soiree complete with vibrant entertainers, decadent cocktails, and a score of the city’s hottest restaurants adorning guests with an array of delectable small plates. In it’s 10th year, the arts and culinary focused extravaganza will return to the Delaware River Waterfront commencing at one of the Delaware rivers newest additions Cherry Street Pier. Guests will dine and dance with the Benjamin Franklin Bridge as a backdrop, offering picturesque views of the City of Brotherly Love.
I’ve had the pleasure of attending this event in the past and am looking forward to another year! With each year bringing an abundance of new experiences, great cuisine, and long-lasting memories. For those who are attending Audi Feastival for the first time, and are looking how to make the most out of the evening – I have a few quick tips to keep in your pocket!
First-timers Guide to Audi Feastival
- Check out the list of restaurants before the event. The restaurants participating have been released, and I’m pleased to say a few heavy hitters and newcomers have made the list. My suggestion: Take a gander before the big night. Is there a restaurant you’ve been dying to try? Or a new place that has been the latest buzz? This is your chance to get a taste of what it has to offer. Giving yourself a little preview lets you plan where to set your sights first before you embark on the night.
- Dress like your fun, free and best self. The first time I attended Audi Feastival, I was overly concerned about picking the “right outfit” for the “Cocktail Chic” dress code. Although the guest attire will vary greatly that evening, take this as your opportunity to shine. With many photo ops to be had, dress your best in the way you know how! That means, take a chance and throw on that glittery heel, or break out that velvet dinner jacket you’ve been dying to wear. I promise that you won’t be disappointed.
- Leverage all of your senses. While many people focus on the epic spread of fine fare, I have found that Feastival is a full sensory experience. From flying acrobats and music to vibrant art, there are so many things to see, to listen to and to touch. One of my favorite moments from “Feastivals past” included a live band singing funky theme songs from my favorite 90s shows. This is what makes this event a one-of-a-kind experience.
- Pace yourself. There is a lot to do see, drink, and eat, so make sure to take your time. I suggest making a round to all restaurants before going back for seconds. This gives you an opportunity to determine the cuisine and cocktails you love the most, and will help you make a more well rounded decision, when you tackle round two!
- Mingle, mingle, mingle! You will quickly find that Feastival is a gathering of all your local celebrities and influencers. It is a great opportunity to strike up a conversation with the executive chefs from your favorites restaurants, snag a shot with a local television personality, or just network and make a new friend!