This Christmas Prosecco Cocktail (affectionately known as the “Holiday Blues”) is made with just 3 ingredients and can be made in just 3 minutes! It combines an aromatic and fruity sparkling Prosecco with vibrant (in both color and flavor) Blue Curaçao. Together they create an easy-drinking sparkling cocktail that you can enjoy at any time of the year. Add a little extra pizazz with a sugar rim. Must be 21+ to make and consume.
The holiday season is in full force, and while this year may look quite different than others, it’s always important to focus on all the things that bring us cheer. And it’s only proper that cheer comes with a little bubbly. As you get into the holiday spirit, this is one cocktail that will bring you a whole lot of good vibes and happy feelings.
If you’ve never had Curaçao, you won’t be surprised that the slightly bitter orange liqueur originated from the Caribbean island of, you guessed it, Curaçao. Made with Laraha oranges which are native to the island, this liqueur is typically used in a number of summer cocktails such as Blue Margaritas or Blue Hawaiians, For this cocktail, I felt the electric blue color of Curaçao against the light and effortless Prosecco and white sugar rim was reminiscent of a winter wonderland. An added bonus, with oranges often being an ingredient in a number of holiday cocktails made it the perfect for the holiday season. Try this cocktail today, or save it for this year’s small and intimate holiday gatherings, or New Year’s Eve festivities this year.
These are the key ingredients for this Christmas Prosecco Cocktail recipe:
- Prosecco: Choose a crisp Brut or Extra Dry Prosecco that is refreshing and vibrant, with notes of green apple, pear, and citrus. My recommendation is La Marca Extra Dry Prosecco.
- Blue Curacao: Blue Curacao is a cordial with a slightly bitter orange flavor, It is often described as citrusy, vibrant, and mildly sweet. It is what gives this cocktail its electric blue color.
- Lemon or Orange: An additional element of citrus helps balance out the sweetness of the blue curacao. For a more crisp flavor use lemon, for a sweeter flavor use orange.
How to make the Blue Christmas Prosecco Cocktail
- Prepare sugar rim. (Optional) Dip the rim of a champagne flute into a small bowl of water followed by dipping it into the small bowl of sugar. Turn the champagne flute clockwise three times to ensure the sugar rim is evenly distributed on all sides.
- Add the prosecco. Add prosecco to the champagne flute until it is approximately 2/3 full. Pour slowly until bubbles subside.
- Top with Blue Curacao. Add blue curacao to the glass and finish with the juice of one lemon orange wedge.
- 4 ounces Prosecco (Brut or Extra Dry)
- 1,5 ounce Blue Curacao
- 1 Lemon Wedge or Orange Wedge
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- Prepare sugar rim by carefully dipping the rim of the champagne flute into a small bowl of water followed by dipping it into the small bowl of sugar. Turn the champagne flute clockwise three times to ensure the sugar rim is evenly distributed on all sides.
- Fill the champagne flute with Prosecco until it is approximately two-thirds full. Pouring slowly until bubbles subside. Top prosecco with 1 part Blue Curacao.
- Finish with the juice of one lemon or orange wedge. Optional: Add used lemon or orange wedge to champagne flute
- Must be 21+ to make this cocktail.
- Use a Brut or Extra Dry Prosecco that has been fully chilled. My recommendation is La Marca Extra Dry Prosecco.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 5gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g