This Chocolate Mascarpone Bundt Cake is a slice of heaven on earth! It’s a decadent combination of creamy mascarpone cheese, triple chocolate cake mix, and instant pudding. This cake is rich, moist, velvety, and a dream come true for any chocolate lover!
Why Mascarpone works in a Chocolate Cake
For years a baking buddy of mine has sworn by using mascarpone in their cakes and icings. That’s because this creamy sweet Italian cheese is a flavor chameleon, easily taking on the profile of anything delicious you add to it. I took a leap of faith and added a 8-ounce tub of softened mascarpone to some Betty Crocker’s Super Moist Triple Chocolate Cake mix. The result? A cake so moist and velvety you’ll swear it was whipped up from scratch. Using cake mix might raise a few eyebrows, but don’t cancel me just yet. With mascarpone and a pack of chocolate instant pudding, you may just keep this in your back pocket for when need to wow your friends or colleagues with an out of this world dessert!
If you love desserts – check out these other fantastic recipes:
- Lemon Lavender Sponge Cake
- Southern Blackberry Cobbler with Rum
- Instant Pot Bourbon Chocolate Cheesecake
Key Ingredients for Chocolate Mascarpone Bundt Cake
- Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix: The preferred cake mix for this recipe is Betty Crocker’s Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake. If you’re in a pinch or can’t find it any chocolate cake mix will do.
- Mascarpone: A mild sweet Italian cream cheese that adds moisture and a velvety texture to your cake.
- Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix: Instant pudding mix adds moisture and richness to cake mix batter. Although this cake mix already has pudding in it, I add an additional box for good measure.
- Espresso: Although I made this option – I love to add just a touch of espresso because it really enhances the chocolate flavor. If you’re in a pinch, just add a tablespoon of instant coffee (it’ll dissolve while cooking).
How to make this delicious Chocolate Mascarpone Bundt Cake
- Preheat the oven and prepare your bundt cake pan. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and coat your bundt cake pan with an all-purpose baking spray.
- Beat eggs slightly before adding other ingredients. In a standing mixer beat eggs on low for a few seconds until slightly beaten.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Add the chocolate cake mix, instant pudding, mascarpone cheese, sugar, vegetable oil, water, vanilla extract, and espresso (if using) to the bowl. Continue to beat on low for another minute until well combined. Be sure to scrape the sides with a rubber spatula to ensure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Place in oven. Place bundt pan in the oven on the middle rack, and bake for 55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean once placed in the middle.
- Cool in pan before inverting. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack, and cool for ten minutes before inverting. Tap the pan a few times with the back of a wooden spoon to loosen cake before removing the bundt pan from the cake.
- Enjoy! Enjoy with ice cream or whipped cream.
Storing Chocolate Mascarpone Bundt Cake
Before storing this bundt cake, first, allow it to cool completely. Next, cover it tightly with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 4 months. Thaw the frozen cake in the refrigerator before consuming it.
Mascarpone cheese is a creamy Italian cheese with a mild flavor. In a bundt cake, it adds richness, moisture, and a velvety texture to the batter.
While mascarpone cheese is unique in its texture and taste, you can try substituting it with an equal amount of cream cheese or Greek yogurt for a different flavor and texture in your bundt cake.
Yes, you can use a handheld electric mixer or even mix the ingredients by hand using a whisk until well combined.
Once the dry ingredients are added, mix until just combined. Over-mixing can cause the cake to become more dense.
Will you help add value to Geo's Table? If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment.
- 1 Box Super Moist Triple Chocolate Cake Mix
- 4 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 4 Ounce Box Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1 8 ounce Package of Mascarpone Cheese (Softened)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Espresso (Optional)
- All Purpose Baking Spray (For coating bundt pan)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and coat a 10-inch bundt pan with baking spray.
- In a standing mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs on low for 10 seconds until slightly beaten. Add chocolate cake mix, instant pudding, mascarpone cheese, sugar, vegetable oil, water, vanilla extract, and espresso (if using) to the bowl. Mix on low for 2 minutes, scraping the sides to ensure all ingredients are incorporated and a cake batter forms.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan, filling it approximately 3/4 full. Use a rubber spatula to evenly spread the batter in the pan.
- Place the bundt pan in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire baking rack and let it cool for 10 minutes. Invert the pan onto a plate or cake pan, tapping the sides with a wooden spoon to loosen the cake, before removing the bundt pan. Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.
- Serve alongside ice cream or top with whipped cream.
- If you're unable to find "Super Moist Triple Chocolate Cake Mix" regular cake mix is a solid alternative.
- This recipe is best made with room-temperature ingredients.
- Espresso can be substituted with 1 tablespoon of instant coffee. The espresso enhances the chocolate flavor of the cake.