Episode 17: Building a Black-Owned Wine & Spirits Brand with Sean McCloud of A Taste of the Culture
Subscribe: Anchor | Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify
Sean McCloud is the founder and owner of A Taste of the Culture, the first membership community dedicated exclusively to Black-owned wine & spirits. Members of this private member community receive a monthly subscription box that includes a black-owned wine or spirit, a black-owned mixer, recipes & suggested serves as well as a home bar accessory. Through this community, Sean strives to elevate black-owned brands and at the same time make them more accessible.
In this episode, Sean discusses how the memory of his grandfather and a career in the spirits industry helped him to actualize A Taste of the Culture as an entrepreneurial endeavor. He also shares why he chose a subscription-based business model to reach and educate the masses on Black-owned wine and spirits. Before he goes he provides us his top picks for Black-owned wine and spirits (a list you can grab below).
Learn more about Sean McCloud and A Taste of the Culture below.
- Website: atasteoftheculture.com
- Instagram: @atasteoftheculture
- Facebook: /atasteoftheculture
- Twitter: @atasteofthecul1
Black-Owned Wine and Spirits brands recommended in this episode.
- HH Bespoke Gin by Harlem Habberdashery
- Ingenious Gin (Also Veteran-Owned)
- Black Leaf Vodka
- As Legacy Vodka
- Quiet Storm Vodka (Passionfruit)
- PLUSH Vodka (Plum)
Bourbon / Whiskey
- Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey
- Fresh Bourbon
- Guidance Whiskey
- Bull Young Bourbon
- Majesty Georgia Bourbon Whiskey
- River Basin Hand-Finished Rye Whiskey
- Exclave Rye Whiskey
- Twelv 31 (Rum and Vodka)
- House of Angostura Rum
Liqueur, Cordials, and Mixers
- LS Cream Liqueur (included in A Taste of the Culture February Box)
- Perfectly Cordial (included in A Taste of the Culture February Box)
- Hella Cocktail Company
- Avec Jalapeño and Blood Orange Mixer